Cheap bedroom furniture affords you the opportunity to decorate on a budget.
For some, bedroom furniture sets that cost thousands of dollars is financially out of reach.
It is not uncommon for many to go to consignment stores and search classified ads in hopes of finding of a bargain.
However, some prefer new furniture, and believe it or not, there are some reasonably priced bedroom furniture pieces that are brand new and look stylish.
All it takes is some savvy searching via the internet and you will be on your way to having a cozy and lovely looking bedroom without the horrendous price tag. T
he best thing is that no one will ever suspect that you furnished your bedroom for a lot less while giving the impression that you went the high-end route.
Cheap Bedroom Furniture Pieces
- Bed Bench
- Bed Steps
- Corner Chair
- Floor Mirror
- Jewelry Armoire
- Secretary Desk
- Types of Beds
- Daybed with Trundle
- Types of Dressers
- Double Dresser
- Chest of Drawers
- Lingerie Chest
- Types of Nightstands
For detailed information on what purpose each furniture piece serves, please see “Bedroom Furniture.”
Determining which Pieces are an Absolute Must in your Bedroom
While it would be fantastic to have each and every piece of cheap bedroom furniture on this list, the truth is that they may not all fit. Since most of us are working within certain size parameters, we are limited in how many pieces we can fit into our bedroom.
The goal is to include the most necessary pieces and to balance the amount of furniture in the bedroom so that it doesn’t look cluttered.
When choosing a bed, make sure that it is comfortable and that it isn’t too small or too large for your needs. Once you determine which bed you will opt for, the next thing to consider is a nightstand. A nightstand is great because you can place your alarm clock and other personal effects on it. You can place a small table lamp on it for additional lighting and store a book or a magazine in the drawer.
A dresser, chest of drawers, double dresser, lingerie chest, and armoire provide you with storage for clothes. They vary in style, size, and finish. Finding one that will suit your needs should not be difficult.
If you have the space, a small vanity is a great place where you can get ready in the morning. You can place your makeup and perfume and other little must-haves on it.
Vanities are not for everyone since some of us prefer to get ready in the bathroom and if you would rather use the extra space for a secretary desk that is wonderful too. A secretary desk affords you with space to do some work, write letters, and has storage for office supplies and stationary.
At the foot of the bed, you may wish to place a bed bench. It’s a great place to sit and relax, or if you prefer, you may opt for a chaise or a corner chair and place them in another part of the bedroom.
These cheap bedroom furniture pieces look fabulous in a bedroom and give the room a luxurious feel.
If you need a place to store jewelry, a jewelry armoire is perfect. There are some lovely ones to choose from, such as the Queen Anne style. It features legs and ample storage.
This type of cheap bedroom furniture piece does not take up much room either, with some measuring 12 inches wide.
The perfect finishing touch for a bedroom is a floor mirror.
Mirrors give the appearance that the room is larger than what it really is.
It gives you the opportunity see how great you look before heading off to work or to a formal party.
Some Tips on How to Arrange the Bed and Miscellaneous Ideas to Maximize Space
- Since the bed is the focal point of the room, it is important that you arrange it in a manner that works with the flow of the space. Ideally, the bed should be the first thing a person sees when they walk into the bedroom drawing the eyes toward the bed. If possible, avoid placing the bed in areas that will block the doorway.
- Position the bed with the headboard against the center of the wall that is opposite the main door. If you are unable to do this, consider positioning the bed in a diagonal fashion. However, the diagonal placement works well when the bedroom is larger.
- Avoid positioning a bed under a window. This is done to prevent drafts. If you have to position your bed near a window, try to do so between two windows (assuming you have two windows to place a bed between).
- If you are lacking space and you cannot fit the chest of drawers in the bedroom, then consider placing it inside the walk-in closet.
- For visual balance, place a nightstand on each side of the bed.
- If space allows, consider creating a seating area where you can put a chaise or a corner chair.
- You can give the impression that your bedroom is taller by mounting long drapes higher on the wall to create the illusion of a bigger bedroom.