Christmas door decorating offers an exciting way to give your front door that festive makeover for the holiday season. From unique decorations to do it yourself – you won’t disappoint when it comes to welcoming holiday guests.
Dazzle your front door with lighted colorful wreaths studded with fruit and foliage. You can opt for wreaths that are artificial or real.
The idea is to blend a variety of colors and texture for added holiday appeal.
Other holiday wreaths to consider are ones that feature the following:
- Balsam and pinecones
- Candy canes and red bows
- Christmas tree ornaments consisting of bright hues
- Flocked pinecones and berries
- Gold poinsettia, berries, stars, and pinecones
- Granny Smith apples, along with grapevine, pinecones, fragrant eucalyptus, and juniper
- Pinecones, berries, twigs, and brush
- Red berries and holly leaves
- Short and long wispy pine needles and pinecones
For that extra holiday touch, choose ones that are adorned with red bows, garland, Christmas bells ornaments, miniature trumpet or miniature angel ornaments, and snowflakes.
The basic materials you will need are a coat hanger or wreath form to serve as the base, floral wire, and a hot glue gun.
You can then choose the flowers, foliage, and embellishments you would like for your wreath.
Aside from having a lovely wreath, it’s important to include the wreath hanger.
You can opt for a standard wreath hanger or for a decorative one that features a design.
- Bow and jingle bells
- Christmas tree
- Decorative scroll
- Decorate your door with vintage Christmas items, such as a snow sled or ice-skates.
- Hang lighted garland made of evergreen over the door to complement the lighted wreath. Make sure to use a Christmas garland door hanger to secure it. If you have a double door, you will need to use a Christmas garland double door hanger. Accent the garland with red bows for that holiday spirit.
- Cover the door using colored paper that features elves, reindeer, Santa, candy canes, gingerbread man, gingerbread house, or a snowman.
- You can also cover the door using something you designed, such as a Christmas scene that features a snowy field with children sledding down a hill or skating on a frozen lake with frosted trees and snow in the background).
- Cover the door with a Christmas door foil decoration that features a giant wrapped gift, along with green wrapping paper, red ribbon, and a giant off-center bow.
- Hang a banner that says, “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays.”
- Incorporate a jingle bell Christmas door hanger.
These details are perfect for the holidays and will make the season sparkle.