Lavish your windows with top treatments available as decorative cornices, swags, and valances.
They look fabulous alone or in combination with another window treatment.
Not only do top treatments offer decorative and functional benefits, but they give the impression that the window is larger than it actually is.
An added bonus is that top treatments help conceal the headrail of an undertreatment.
There are a variety of colors, styles, finishes, and fabrics to choose from to customize your top treatment.
It adds the perfect finishing touch to your windows and looks absolutely lovely.
Wood cornices add instant interior architecture because of the style, paint, stain, and fine details.
The all-wood construction evokes images of a classic era of sophistication.
For added elegance, you may opt for a carved style.
Cornices will beautifully complement your windows, along with the molding and surrounding decor elements. It is the perfect choice for undeniable beauty.
Decorative cornices are available in different profile styles and feature the following details:
- Cornices accented by rope detailing
- Cornices that feature bead and dentil molding
- Cornices that are carved with a vertical line pattern
- Cornices in which you can insert fabric from a particular collection to create a singular and enduring look
- Cornices that feature leaf, acorn, and grapevine motifs
- Cornices may be customized to include design options, such as decorative keystones, carved wood appliqués, and a decorative plate groove
- Natural woven bamboo cornices are available and are sure to add a natural and exotic look to any window
Paints, Stains, and Woods
Cornices are available in the following paints, stains, and woods:
- Aged Silver
- Antique White
- Bright White
- Rustic Bronze
- Shell White
- Soft White
- Bleached Maple
- Dark Walnut
- Deep Cherry
- Golden Oak
- Golden Chestnut
- Light Chocolate
- Red Mahogany
The size of wood cornices depends on the particular style that is chosen. They are offered in the following sizes:
- 8 ½” height, with a maximum width of 90”
- 8 ½” height, with a maximum width of 120”
- Depending on the manufacturer, those with widths over 60” are embellished with a center keystone, and the cornice has a height of 5”
Upholstered cornices provide a stylish finish to windows, along with uniformity to windows of varying heights.
You may select from a vast array of fabrics.
The combination of the fabric choice and quality construction will look beautiful for generations to come.
There are different styles available sure to suit your tastes, with the resulting look being a window that is clean-lined, graceful, and has incredible visual appeal.
Some styles for upholstered cornices include:
- Queen Anne
Decorative trim options that are available for upholstered cornices are:
- Rope cording
- Tassel fringe
Decorative cornices are available in the following designs:
- Standard height is 12”, but it can be upgraded to 18” for tall windows
- Cornices are available in widths up to 100” in one inch increments
Valances and Swags
Valances and swags are much more than a beautiful piece of fabric adorning the top of your windows. Aside from enhancing the visual proportions of a window, they also function to conceal curtain and drapery rods. They look fabulous as a stand alone treatment or in conjunction with curtains, drapes, or other window treatments.
Valances and Swags are available in the following:
Balloon Fabric Shade as Valance
Box Pleat Fabric Valance
Dakota Fabric Valance
Euro Fabric Valance
London Fabric Shades as Valance
Natural Woven Hobbled Valance
Natural Woven Roll Up Valance
Pole Swag Fabric Valance
Roll Up Fabric Valance
Soft Roman Fabric Shades as Valance
By incorporating these beautiful window treatments, you are sure to add color and soften the appearance of your windows.
In addition to bringing all of the colors, accessories, and furniture in the room into harmony, it is a simple way to instantly transform a room that appears lacking something into one that has character and charm.